Re: font problems

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: font problems
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2020 22:02:26 +0200 (CEST)

> Am Sonntag, den 06.09.2020, 17:52 +0200 schrieb Werner LEMBERG:
>> To make good doc builds of LilyPond it would be important IMHO to
>> have all necessary fonts included in the docker images.
>
> Are these really important to ensure that the documentation is
> buildable?

No, but I consider it really bad practice to rely on non-deterministic
data.  A long-term goal is to have repeatable builds that produce
identical results every time (maybe except some well-defined
differences).

> The result is used nowhere (except for failure logs), and the image
> is as small as possible on purpose.

It's not clear what you mean with the last comment, please elaborate.

Some problematic cases that I listed are part of the NR, and I see
absolutely no reason to have doc builds on different system use
different fonts.

    Werner