resuming contribution at gitlab

From: Malte Meyn
Subject: resuming contribution at gitlab
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 16:52:18 +0100

Hi list,

after drowning my laptop in April and not having time to contribute since then I’m back again. I’d like to finish my work on issue 5611 but I’ve missed the move to gitlab and the nearing 2.22. IIUC, I should

1. request and wait for commit access
2. then push my work to a branch called dev/something
3. finally create a merge request
4. and in this special case add the label Patch::needs_work because I still need help with a convert-ly rule and I’m not sure about what I have to do regarding documentation

Is this correct? If so, is there someone who could grant me (mmeyn at gitlab) commit access and/or help with the 4th point above?

Cheers,
Malte