Re: Test reader speed of Guile 3.0.6

From: Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: Test reader speed of Guile 3.0.6
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 22:47:32 +0100

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Morley <thomasmorley65@gmail.com> writes:

> Am Mi., 10. März 2021 um 22:33 Uhr schrieb Federico Bruni
> <fede@inventati.org>:
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 10 2021 at 10:18:53 PM +0100, Thomas Morley
>> <thomasmorley65@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > /bin/bash: gperf: command not found
>>
>> you should install gperf package :-)

> gperf installed, retrying...

Do you already have results?

> Though, if gperf is needed and missing ./configure should error, imho

The argument against that is that configure is created for the tarball
where gperf is not needed — I’m not sure if I agree, but it should
really error out with a better message.

Something like “gperf missing: When built without release tarball,
building Guile requires the gperf package.”

I hope I can get that change in.

Best wishes,
Arne
--