-lguile -- cannot be found [SOLVED]

From: Al Rice
Subject: -lguile -- cannot be found [SOLVED]
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 12:31:24 -0700

OK, it looks as though hijacked a previous thread.  Sorry about that.

Although I did install the guile-2.2-dev I still get the same error:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lguile

In config.make is the following line:
CONFIG_LIBS =   -lglib-2.0 -L/usr/local/lib -lguile

I solved my problem by running "locate libguile" and ended up pointing that offending line to
"/usr/local/include" instead of "/usr/local.lib".

thanks,
Al

There's a quick path for an underperforming lilypond: sudo apt install
guile-2.2-dev.  The slow path for good performance is installing
guile-1.8 from its git repository, which I never did.