Re: RFC: disconnect from the Translation Project

From: Jean-Charles Malahieude
Subject: Re: RFC: disconnect from the Translation Project
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 20:02:44 +0200

Le 06/07/2022 à 13:31, Jean Abou Samra a écrit :
On 7/6/22 11:15, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
The PO template that is the basis for PO files needs to be updated
at every release by notifying the coordinator of the release.
That's a maintenance cost.  Right now, we're not paying it, and the
result is that the PO template any translators would base their work
on is from LilyPond 2.21.7, a year and a half ago.
Hmm.  Jonas regularly updates LilyPond's `.pot` and `.po` files.
Maybe sending them to that robot can be integrated into the release
scripts?

They're not sent to a robot but to a human.

It's a mail addressed to the coordinator of the FTP, see
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2020-10/msg00056.html

Have a look at commit 6d84a36fd1dde3fe2035ff17a78672c72f3ab0fc from 10 years ago.

I acknowledge the FTP once we branch out and prepare a stable release. Why not add the FTP-Coordinator to the mails announcing each release, and fetch all the updated po in a run with

rsync –Lrtvz translationproject.org:: tp/latest/lilypond/ po

and commit them before making any release? Note that the lilypond.pot will always be one step beyond the language files.

Many software acknowledge the FTP only when making a stable RC and not at every development release.

Cheers,
--
Jean-Charles