Re: RFC: disconnect from the Translation Project

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: RFC: disconnect from the Translation Project
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2022 20:51:46 +0200

On Wed, 2022-07-06 at 20:02 +0200, Jean-Charles Malahieude wrote:
> > > Hmm.  Jonas regularly updates LilyPond's `.pot` and `.po` files.
> > > Maybe sending them to that robot can be integrated into the release
> > > scripts?
> >

> > They're not sent to a robot but to a human.
> >

> It's a mail addressed to the coordinator of the FTP, see
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2020-10/msg00056.html

... which, as far as I understand, is processed by some form of a bot,
right? At least that one message was taken care of *very* quickly...

> Have a look at commit 6d84a36fd1dde3fe2035ff17a78672c72f3ab0fc from 10
> years ago.
>
> I acknowledge the FTP once we branch out and prepare a stable release.
> Why not add the FTP-Coordinator to the mails announcing each release,
> and fetch all the updated po in a run with
>
> rsync –Lrtvz translationproject.org:: tp/latest/lilypond/ po
>
> and commit them before making any release? Note that the lilypond.pot
> will always be one step beyond the language files.
>
> Many software acknowledge the FTP only when making a stable RC and not
> at every development release.

... and I think this is sufficient, at least it was precisely the
reason we sent in 2.21.7 because that a) had many translation changes
due to fixing an "infrastructure" bug and b) was the last version
before branching. I intended do follow the same procedure for the next
stable release.

Jonas