Re: Fonts missing in development environment

From: Luca Fascione
Subject: Re: Fonts missing in development environment
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 08:29:53 +0200

Hi Walter,
here's a couple more direct pointers for you:

The TeX fonts (Gyre) will be in a place like

.../texmf-dist/opentype/public/tex-gyre/texgyreschola-regular.otf

the '...' is because the stem of the path changes system to system (I'm
assuming TexLive here).
If you find texmf-dist, the path below should be close.

The URW++ fonts instead are on github. There's of course several ways to
get at them,
this is a couple of shell script command that should get you going
   - download from website
  > cd /tmp/
  > mkdir urw
  > cd urw
  > git clone --depth 1 git://git.ghostscript.com/urw-core35-fonts.git

   - pack into local archive (OTF only)
  > zip urw-core35-otf.zip ./urw-core35-fonts/{LICENSE,COPYING,*.otf}

   - install into per-user fonts subdirectory (this destination directory
is suitable for use on a Mac, you'll want something else on ubuntu, maybe
it's something like ~/share/fonts)
  > unzip urw-core35-otf.zip -d ~/Library/Fonts/

(the zip/unzip dance is to isolate only what you need, a judicious use of
cp will do just as well of course)

HTH
Luca

--