Re: Jazz chords layout question

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Jazz chords layout question
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 19:48:51 +0000

On 7/12/19, 12:33 PM, "Jacques Menu" <address@hidden> wrote:

    Hello folks,

    I’m trying to setup the attached example as in the following, with an added
staff containing empty measures as an exercise score:

    What I currently get is:

    Questions:
        - why do the marks appear without a box around them?
Because according to the notation reference :
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/bars#rehearsal-marks
markFormatter takes an integer as an input.

%%%
\set Score.markFormatter = #format-mark-box-alphabet
  \override Score.RehearsalMark.font-size = #+5
  \mark 1
%%%%
        - why does \repeat percent not produce percent signs?
Because the ChordNames context doesn't have the Percent_repeat_engraver
%%%%%%%
\score {
  <<
    \new ChordNames \with {\consists Percent_repeat_engraver}
    \theChords

    \new Voice = bass
    \with {
      \remove "Note_heads_engraver"
    }
    \theNotes

}
%%%%%
        - how can I get the measures to be equal length?
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/proportional-notation

%%%%
  \set Score.markFormatter = #format-mark-box-alphabet
  \set Score.proportionalNotationDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1/2)
  \override Score.RehearsalMark.font-size = #+5
%%%%
        - how can I ‘push’ the beginning of the seconda volta to the middle of
the line?
As far as I know, it's not possible without doing lots of tweaks involving
StartStaff and StopStaff.  But Kieren may be able to help here.

HTH,

Carl