Re: \editorialMarkup correction with null value

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: \editorialMarkup correction with null value
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 14:30:54 +0000

Hi Andrew,

15. Oktober 2019 16:27, "N. Andrew Walsh" <address@hidden> schrieb:
Hi List,
I'm copying an old manuscript that has erroneously put a ten-bar rest at the end of two voice parts. I want to use the ScholarLY interface to add an annotation to address this in the source. From what I understand of the documentation, the syntax is the following:
-----------------------
\choice emendation \with {
author = me
message = "erroneous ten-bar rest in source"
}{
\editorialMarkup sic { R2*10 }
\editorialMarkup correction { }
}
but this doesn't work, and causes the next emendation to break as well. So my general question is this:
is there a code in lilypond I can put into this _expression_ that would read as a valid music _expression_, but would act as a sort of empty _expression_ that doesn't take any rhythmic space?
Thanks for the help,

I can't test right now, but I'd first try with these variants
correction { s1*0 }
correction { <>1*0 }
correction { {} }

HTH