Re: Makefile help!

From: foxfanfare
Subject: Re: Makefile help!
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2019 04:18:51 -0700 (MST)

Hi all,

Another question... In the documentation page, about Make, there is that
rule which will make the PDF and the MIDI and move them in their own
directory.

%.pdf %.midi: %.ly
        $(LILY_CMD) $<; \
        if test -f "$*.pdf"; then \
            mv "$*.pdf" PDF/; \
        fi; \
        if test -f "$*.midi"; then \
            mv "$*.midi" MIDI/; \
        fi

For my project, I would like to create new folders in the PDF and MIDI
directory because I have to many files. As I am working on a project with
different versions, I would like for instance to do something like
PDF/versionA/... PDF/versionB/... etc. which would be more easy to navigate.

Does someone knows how I can test if the filename contains for instance
versionA in it, then if true, move it to its specific folder? I am
struggling with that problem for several days now but I'm not able to find
the solution...