Re: Makefile help!

From: foxfanfare
Subject: Re: Makefile help!
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2019 06:35:58 -0700 (MST)

foxfanfare wrote
> Thanks for the idea. I will look into that, but if I understand correctly,
> have to launch the command separately from the Makefile? The idea was to
> include everything in it... But since I obviously have to change the
> beginning of my Makefile and get rid of the "%.pdf %.midi: %.ly", I will
> maybe find a better solution to move the file to their according
> directories
> with make.

Okay, here is the solution I found and seems to work by now:

CPU_CORES=`cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep -m1 "cpu cores" | sed s/".*: "//`
LILY_CMD = lilypond  \
        -ddelete-intermediate-files \
        -djob-count=$(CPU_CORES)

general = \
        instrumentation.ily \
        liens.ily \
        presentation.ily \
        titres.ily

# Piano (Solo)
piano-solo.%.pdf: \
        piano-solo.%.ly \
        notes.piano-solo.%.ily \
        dialogues.%.ily \
        global.%.ily \
        pedales.%.ily \
        $(general)
        $(LILY_CMD) $<; \
                mv "piano-solo.$*.pdf" PDF/piano-solo/; \
                mv "piano-solo.$*.midi" MIDI/piano-solo/

# Piano (Primo)
piano-primo.%.pdf: \
        piano-primo.%.ly \
        notes.piano-primo.%.ily \
        dialogues.%.ily \
        global.%.ily \
        pedales.%.ily \
        $(general)
        $(LILY_CMD) $<; \
                mv "piano-primo.$*.pdf" PDF/piano-primo/

# Piano (Secondo)
piano-secondo.%.pdf: \
        piano-secondo.%.ly \
        notes.piano-secondo.%.ily \
        dialogues.%.ily \
        global.%.ily \
        pedales.%.ily \
        $(general)
        $(LILY_CMD) $<; \
                mv "piano-secondo.$*.pdf" PDF/piano-secondo/

# Piano (Duo)
piano-duo.%.pdf: \
        piano-primo.%.ly \
        piano-secondo.%.ly \
        piano-primo.%.pdf \
        piano-secondo.%.pdf \
        notes.piano-primo.%.ily \
        notes.piano-secondo.%.ily \
        dialogues.%.ily \
        global.%.ily \
        pedales.%.ily \
        $(general)
        $(LILY_CMD) $<; \
                pdftk PDF/piano-secondo/piano-secondo.$*.pdf \
                        PDF/piano-primo/piano-primo.$*.pdf \
                        shuffle output PDF/piano-duo/piano-duo.$*.pdf

I can now make all the different parts, create automatically the layout of a
piano 4-hands score, and move all the generate files in the appropriate
directories. I don't know if this solution is a "good way" of using make,
what do you think? At least, it seems to work... :)