Re: Lilypond as graphic tool - I am looking for a specific thread in thi

From: Andrew Bernard
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 11:31:20 +1100

Hello Manuela,

For 100% graphical scores like that, you would be way better off using Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape. Sure, lilypond can do graphical shapes, but that's really pushing the tool and causing a rod for your back - a lot of effort making those paths manually. But my main objection is that that is completely unmaintainable code. Anyway, up to you. An old saying is to use the right tool for the job. This is using a chisel as a paintbrush. [No disrespect intended!]

Andrew