Re: New option for OOoLilyPond: PDF to SVG

From: Klaus Blum
Subject: Re: New option for OOoLilyPond: PDF to SVG
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 14:07:37 -0700 (MST)

Hi Carl,

Carl Sorensen-3 wrote
> The two big issues I saw were font embedding and clipping the bounding
> box.  It seems like we ought to be able to adjust both of those in the svg
> output.
> Would it be possible to modify the effects of lilypond-book-preamble.ly on
> .svg files?

LilyPond does not embed fonts in svg output. Is this possible in general,
like in pdf files?
lilypond-book-preamble.ly only works with the eps backend, not with the svg
one.

AFAIK, there have been questions and discussions on the list about both of
those issues, but no solutions available yet.

Carl Sorensen-3 wrote
> It seems to me that fixing lilypond svg output to match what we want
> would be a better approach long-term than trying to integrate the call of
> a pdf->svg converter.
> Nevertheless, calling the converter appears to be an immediate workaround.

100% agreed.  :)
Another solution would be a working pdf import for LibreOffice. But that
seems to be still a long way to go as well.

Cheers,
Klaus