Re: LilyPond, LilyPond snippets and the GPL

From: mason
Subject: Re: LilyPond, LilyPond snippets and the GPL
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 12:27:40 -0700

On 10/30, Karsten Reincke wrote:
> 1) I did not refer to the libstdc or anything else for which indeed
> the gcc runtime exception can be used. I am talking about the a bit
> abstract case of using a GPL licensed library or module or snippet as
> base of ones work compiled by the GCC to complere the analogy used by
> other participants of this discussion.

Okay, then GCC didn't need to be brought up at all.  Sorry for
misunderstanding.  That said, a pdf generated by Lilypond still does not
need to contain or use any Lilypond code.  Users do not need to fear
that they will "lose their rights" if they use a GPL'd snippet.

> it is complete misleading if you say that I
>
> a) want to enforce Urs to relicense his work

I'm not sure how else to interpret a call to "perhaps convince the
OpenLilyLib developers to relicense their work."

Mason