Re: LilyPond, LilyPond snippets and the GPL

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: LilyPond, LilyPond snippets and the GPL
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 17:55:22 +0000

On 10/30/19, 11:48 AM, "Karsten Reincke" <address@hidden> wrote:

<snip>

    2) Your polemic attack is wrong and unfair. If you had read my posts
carefully,
    you would know [and probably you know it, but withhold this aspect], that I
    offered URS already the opportunity to integrate my coming lib - licensed
under
    the MIT license - into his OpenLIlyLib. I only refused and refuse to use
any GPL
    licensed Lilypond snippet as 'module' / 'lib' for my own work.

I am curious as to why you feel you cannot use any GPL licensed LilyPond
snippet but you can use the GPL licensed lilypond itself.  What about a snippet
makes it more invasive in terms of the GPL than the original program?  I don't
understand.

Carl