Problem associated with multiple quote sources

From: Peter Gentry
Subject: Problem associated with multiple quote sources
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2019 10:14:08 -0000

Some time ago (2015) I prepared a quintet version of the Farrenc Nonetto. To make things easier I added copious quotes to the many long chains of rests to help the players. For this purpose I created an ily containing a set of music for each line & movement (without cues) so that I could pick and chose quotes to go virtually anywhere. This worked fine then but today it runs into trouble.

\version "2.19.81"

%Preamble cut for brevity

% potential sources of cues for Movement One  ( bare indicates music without any cues)

cueNotesOneA=\include "Op38_Alto_L2_M1_bare.ily"

\addQuote "cueNotesOneA" { \cueNotesOneA }

cueNotesOneB=\include "Op38_Clarinet_L3_M1_bare.ily"

\addQuote "cueNotesOneB" { \cueNotesOneB }

%similar data to above for other parts cut out for brevity

\relative c'' {

% Tempo and some notes etc cut out for brevity

es2 g2 )   |  % 6

as2 f2  |  % 7

g4 r4 r4 r4   |  % 8

% example of a cue

\new CueVoice \with { instrumentCueName="clt3" }

\cueDuring #"cueNotesOneB"  #UP {\set Score.skipBars = ##t s1*4/4*3 }

% large chunkof notes  cut out for brevity

es'4\f r4 r4   |  % 413

c4 r4 r4   |  % 414

 \bar "|."

}

This works as expected for each movement on its own.

But when I combine the movements in a single file and include a frontpage (in the usual way)  I get error messages such as

C:/Users/Peter/Lilypool/Music_Files/Farrenc/Op38_Alto_L2_M1.ily:7:1: error: not a note name: cueNotesOneA

This also prevents the production of a complete score with all parts.

I realise the above is not a particularly small clip but it is the general application of lots of quotes in a longish piece which is no longer working as before.

The parts and score files are far too large to include here.

I have been pulling out the few remaining hairs if anyone knows why things have changed since 2015 I would be very grateful

Regards Peter