Re: Problem associated with multiple quote sources

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Problem associated with multiple quote sources
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2019 17:34:23 +0100

"Peter Gentry" <address@hidden> writes:

> I have done some digging with small files.
>
> 1. putting each set of potential cues as reqd. as the first lines in each
> music file (Movement) works  :
>
>               cueNotesOneA=\include "file1.ily"
>
>               \addQuote "cueNotesOneA" { \cueNotesOneA }
>
>               Etc...
>
> 2. when several music files are instanced in an attempt to produce a single
> score this fails

What is "instanced"?  How does such an "attempt to produce a single
score" look like?

> 3. when this input is changed:   Move the list the cues  to  BEFORE each
> \score {.} section it works

I am not surprised that using the cues before defining them does not
work.  This is probably not what you mean but it is not clear what you
mean.

> 4. However attempts to include a Header file (title dates text and .eps
> picture) for the first page  and header text for each movement causes
> failure but  when cues are defined.

"Attempts causes failure but when cues are defined"?  Sorry, I don't get
what you are saying here.

> 5.  I use Book and BookPart sections to produce a score but just  using
> bookpart sections also causes failure

How do you use book and bookpart sections?  You are aware that book and
bookpart sections cannot contain assignments at top level?  But that's
nothing that changed "since 2015".

> 6. I will try and reduce these complication header complications to
> isolate the issue one step at a time.

Maybe that would help making more focused descriptions as well.

--
David Kastrup