Re: How to embed a hairpin inside markup?

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: How to embed a hairpin inside markup?
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2020 08:00:21 +0100

Hi Kenneth,
Tiny example? Version?
How about:

\version "2.20"

sfb = #(make-dynamic-script
        #{ \markup { \dynamic "sf" \normal-text\italic "bell-like" } #})
niente = #(make-dynamic-script
           #{ \markup { \normal-text\italic "niente" } #})

\layout {
  indent = 0
  ragged-right = ##f
}

{
  \clef F
  \time 6/8
  \key d\minor
  d2.-> ~\sfb\> 2.
  2.->~\sf\> 2.
  a,2.->~\sf\> 2.~ 4. r\niente
}

HTH, cheers,
Pierre

Le dim. 20 déc. 2020 à 07:09, Kenneth Wolcott <kennethwolcott@gmail.com> a écrit :
Hi;

  I've looked in Learning, Notation and Snippets.

  I have attached a screenshot containing the markup that I need.

  Basically, a dynamic, followed by the hairpin, and sometimes, some
text at the right side of the hairpin.

  This needs to be all on the same horizontal line, so I know all need
to be in the markup.

  I know markup has a dynamic option.

  I know markup has a text option with formatting options.

  But how to insert the hairpin (in this case I need a decrescendo).

  I feel that the answer is staring me in the face, but I can't see it.

Thanks,
Ken Wolcott