Re: Frescobaldi on Arch Linux

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi on Arch Linux
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2020 13:47:57 +0100

Am Donnerstag, dem 24.12.2020 um 22:29 +1100 schrieb Andrew Bernard:
> Has anybody got Frescobaldi running on Arch Linux lately?
>
> I am not really sure, but I think Arch has moved all to Qt5, whereas
> Frescobaldi seems to depend on Qt4. I may be wrong about this, but it
> suddenly stopped working after a recent upgrade (not sure which one as I
> have not fired up Frescobaldi for a while).

If the error is
$ frescobaldi
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/frescobaldi", line 21, in <module>
    from frescobaldi_app import toplevel
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'frescobaldi_app'

you need to rebuild Frescobaldi since Arch Linux has Python 3.9 since a
few weeks. Afterwards it works fine for me.

Jonas