Re: Jazz chords above slash notation

From: Kevin Barry
Subject: Re: Jazz chords above slash notation
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 09:19:32 +0000

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 04:50:22PM -0700, Calvin Ransom wrote:
> I was able to get the chords to work but I ran across a chord that I am not
> able to write the following chord, If anyone has any ideas on how I can
> write this I would greatly appreciate it.
> This is what my attempt got me so far:

Hi Calvin,

Manually constructing these things in \markup can be a bit hacky, but also
sometimes the only option. If you need to use a particular construction
frequently you should look into making a function that does it for you. Here is
my attempt to reproduce what was in the attached image.

\relative {
  b4^\markup \center-column {
    \override #'(baseline-skip . 0.5) \center-column {
      \concat { "G" \raise #1 \super \flat }
          \draw-line #'(2.5 . 0)
        }
        \concat { "C" \lower #0.5 \super "7" }