[no subject]

From: Philippe ZELLER
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 21:04:00 +0100

Dear lilypond fellow users,
it sometimes occurs in barock music that only every other barline is visible, (see e.g. Haendel's Salomo, choir at the end of Act II ) or that every other barline is printed in reduced size.(see e.g. Bach Mass in H-moll, nr 27 "dona nobis pacem" ).
Is there a way to get this result in lilypond ?

I first tried
\set Score.barLineVisibility = #(every-nth-bar-number-visible 2)
that I made up after an equivalent syntax for barNumber, but to no avail. Maybe I didn't put it in the right context ?

Finally I used a rather complicated procedure based on
global = {
      \repeat unfold 24 { s2. \once \override Staff.BarLine.transparent = ##t  s2. \once \override Staff.BarLine.transparent = ##f }
        }
which works but is not fully compatible, for example it does not work with multiMeasureRests.

Many thanks in advance for your suggestions !