Re: How to make every other barline invisible (or half-sized) ? as it oc

From: Philippe ZELLER
Subject: Re: How to make every other barline invisible (or half-sized) ? as it occurs in barock music
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2021 01:33:29 +0100

Dear Kieren,
thanks a lot, this does indeed make it simpler.
However I still run into a problem : I haven't been able to use "multiMeasureRests". I tried :
scoreATrumpetCIPart = \new Staff \with {
    \consists "Merge_rests_engraver"
        } <<
              \global
              \barlines
              \scoreATrumpetCI

and I also tried using  \compressMMRests within the \score block,
but both ways become useless when \barlines is present.
Do you have any suggestion ?

Best regards,
Philippe

Le dim. 28 mars 2021 à 00:28, Kieren MacMillan <kieren_macmillan@sympatico.ca> a écrit :
Hi Philippe,

> Many thanks in advance for your suggestions for improvement :-) !

I would separate the barline structure into its own variable, and use \bar "" instead of a tweak/override.

%%%%  SNIPPET BEGINS  %%%%
\version "2.22.0"
\language "english"

barlines = {
  \repeat unfold 2 { s2. \bar "" s2. }
  \bar "||"  \mark \markup { \musicglyph "scripts.segno" }
  \repeat unfold 3 { s2. \bar "" s2. }
}

global = {
  \key d \major
  \numericTimeSignature
  \time 3/4
  s2.*10
  \bar "|."
}

scoreATrumpetCI = \relative c''' {
  R2.*2 a2 r4 a2 r4 a,4 d e fs 8. g16 a4 b a2 r4 R2. r2 r4 R2.
}

scoreATrumpetCIPart = \new Staff
  <<
   \global