Re: top margin for subsequent pages

From: Vaylor Trucks
Subject: Re: top margin for subsequent pages
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 16:06:04 -0400

Thank you Xavier. I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong, though. If I put top-system-spacing in the paper block and give it any value at all, it actually reduces the space on the subsequent pages between the top of the page and the first system. I even tried setting it to #1000 but got the same result. What am I missing?

On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 3:57 PM Xavier Scheuer <x.scheuer@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 at 21:39, Vaylor Trucks <vaylor@gmail.com> wrote:

> In formatting a multi-page score in which I only want the header on the first page and am happy with the margins and header on the first page, how can I go about increasing the space between the top of the page and the first system on the subsequent (2nd, 3rd, etc.) pages?

Hello,

Increase top-system-spacing.
Cf. NR 4.1.4 Flexible vertical spacing \paper variables > List of flexible vertical spacing \paper variables
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.23/Documentation/notation/flexible-vertical-spacing-paper-variables.html#list-of-flexible-vertical-spacing-paper-variables

Cheers,
Xavier

--