Cross-nesting \repeat segno and \repeat volta

From: Huanyu Liu
Subject: Cross-nesting \repeat segno and \repeat volta
Date: Tue, 02 May 2023 14:40:18 +0800

Hi,

I am trying to write something tricky (but not rare, in my opinion) with both
`\repeat segno` and `\repeat volta`. Here is an illustration of what I want to
achieve:

A   ||:   B   |(Segno)   C   |(Coda)(Volta 1 start)   D1   (Volta 1 end):||
(Volta 2 start)   D2   (Volta 2 end)(DS)||(Coda)   D3   ||

The order should be A-B-C-D1-B-C-D2-C-D3.

The attached code is really close to my desired output, but the closing repeat
bar line is printed at the end, instead of the end of Volta 1. I think this is
because the inner layer of `\alternative` should have paired the outer layer
of `\repeat volta` (which I call "cross-nesting"), but since there is an outer
layer of `\alternative` between them, the inner layer of `\alternative` is not
recognized by `\repeat volta`.

So how can I achieve that without manual placement of all those signs? Or is
there any better method instead of using nested `\repeat segno  ` and `\repeat
volta`?

Thanks!
Huanyu