Re: \assertBeamSlope

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: \assertBeamSlope
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 22:21:35 +0200

Le samedi 13 mai 2023 à 16:07 -0400, Chad Linsley a écrit :
I'm curious to know more about the parameters of how Lilypond shapes beams and how I can adjust settings to get closer to the look I want without as many overrides. The Regression Tests page has a lot of really useful information.

I'm not sure I understand the "#=" part in

\assertBeamSlope #=

Are there other values one could use like you can with /assertBeamQuant?

# switches to Scheme mode to write one Scheme value, and = is the built-in Scheme procedure for equality, so this checks that the vertical endpoints are the same. If you use #< or #> , it will check for an ascending, resp. descending beam.

But if your goal is to learn about beam positioning, I suggest to focus on the code itself and its parameters; the functions used to test it are not really useful or significant.