RE: Frescobaldi 3.3 - off topic?

From: savage.laurie
Subject: RE: Frescobaldi 3.3 - off topic?
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 07:27:43 +1000

I had exactly the same problem on Ubuntu. I partly solved it by doing a complete uninstall -purge and installing from the files on F's site, then going through the rigmarole of fixing the various dependencies from the files the site links to. The recent files menu hasn't worked for me for a couple of years so I gave up on that.

For other reasons I moved to Fedora 38 and the default version of Frescobaldi is 3.3 and the recent files menu works. Fedora doesn't play so well with non-free multimedia codecs so it's swings and roundabouts. I realise moving systems isn't usually a realistic option, but I had good backups.

Laurie Savage

Sent from my Galaxy