Re: Cannot identify a missing font for desired Lilypond output

From: Volodymyr Prokopyuk
Subject: Re: Cannot identify a missing font for desired Lilypond output
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 23:56:46 +0200

Hi Jean,

I think you have found the solution! You mentioned that Ghostscript provides the default font. Ghostscript is not installed in my new system as I thought that it is not necessary as I use the Cairo backend. I did see the warning in the configure script about the recommendation of installing the Ghostscript, but I ignored it. Maybe it makes sense to set Ghostscript as a required dependency.

Tomorrow I'll install Ghostscript, rebuild Lilypond and let you know the outcome.

Thank you very much for your tireless and very professional support. I sincerely appreciate it!
Vlad