Re: Leadsheet with cadenza / ad lib.

From: Leo Correia de Verdier
Subject: Re: Leadsheet with cadenza / ad lib.
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2023 01:16:38 +0200

What is aligned in Lilypond is not the bars, but the lengths of the
notes/skips/rests. CadenzaOn allows you to have a bar of arbitrary length, but
does not negate the alignment of the note values (it’s also valid for all
staves, as long as you haven’t moved engravers around). Your harmonies still
need to have the same length as the melody, so:

harmonies = \chordmode {
  \global
  s16*19
  a1:m