shifting accidentals horizontally

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: shifting accidentals horizontally
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 17:02:52 +0000 (UTC)

Please consider the example code below.  The first line shows
LilyPond's default, the second line shows what I need.  As can be
seen, the solution in the second line is imperfect – I just did the
most basic changes to demonstrate what I want, namely the down-stemmed
note to be positioned after the up-stemmed chord.

Is there an automated solution for this problem (namely correctly
positioned and spaced naturals for the chord)?  The LSR doesn't really
help, unfortunately.

BTW, such situations happen from time to time in piano music.

```
\version "2.25.6"

   { bes'!8 } >>

   {
     \once \override NoteColumn.force-hshift = #3.3
     \once \override Accidental.extra-offset = #'(4.7 . 0)
     bes'!8 } >>
```

    Werner

PNG image