Re: overriding digit-names

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: overriding digit-names
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 17:56:27 +0200

Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> writes:

> Le mercredi 28 juin 2023 à 21:35 -0400, William Rehwinkel via LilyPond user
> discussion a écrit :
>> Dear John,
>>
>> You need to add another pound sign before the list. StrokeFinger.digit-names
>> is a vector, with is a guile-specific construct not a standard list.
>

> Just FYI in passing, vectors are standard Scheme just like lists. (However,
> confusingly, some of the Scheme standards say #(...) should work while others
> say you should quote them as '#(...) like lists.)

No, none of the "standards" say anything like that.  #(...) is a
self-quoting form, like #t and #f and numbers and strings and some other
things.  Quoting them doesn't change a thing.

And to be honest, I don't know of any _convention_ that would recommend
explicitly quoting them or other self-quoting forms, either.

--
David Kastrup