Re: [Linphone-users] problems with asterisk

From: Martin List-Petersen
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] problems with asterisk
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 10:19:07 +0000

Citat Tom Poindexter <address@hidden>:

> On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 09:52:27AM -0600, Jason A. Pattie wrote:
> >
> > I can only use ALSA (since I bought a Plantronics DSP 400 USB headset)
> > and now it seems that the default sound system for the familiar
> > distribution is ALSA as well.  I've tried all sorts of other software
> > phones and none work properly with the USB headset except (almost)
> > linphone.  linphone seems to work the best as far as audio is concerned.
>
> Re: USB headsets - I just bought a Logitech 300 USB headset, it seems to
> work for me, but not with linphone since linphone doesn't play well with OSS.

I'm not sure, what headset you are talking about. The headset's that i know of
and which Logitech advertises on their website are the "Premium Stereo USB
Headset 30" and the "Stereo USB Headset 20". I've got the Premium Stereo USB
Headset 30, which works very well with Linux and OSS drivers.

> The in-line mute and volume controls don't work, but I can live with that.

If you've got the Premium 30 the in-line mute should work, since that is done
inside the headset. For the volume buttons you need a little application, that
reads the input events from usb and applies those to your mixer.

> I've had the best luck with Gnophone as a softphone for *, still looking
> for a better solution.

kphone does also work, however i would love to get linphone up and running with
it.

Regards,
Martin List-Petersen
martin at list-petersen dot se
--
This night methinks is but the daylight sick.
                -- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"