[Linphone-users] Can Linphone use iLBC?

From: Stephen Stocker
Subject: [Linphone-users] Can Linphone use iLBC?
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 20:16:59 -0500 (CDT)

  Hi,

I'm still wondering if anyone has found a way around the ilbc plugin error with Linphone. I'm also curious about the advantages or disadvantages of ilbc over gsm? Living far out in the country, I'm on a slow dial-up connection, so bandwidth is the primary concern. GSM isn't bad, but from what I understand of ilbc, it would be a better solution.

In any event, no matter what I've tried, I still get the error below when running linphonec -d6 -l linphone.log. The libs build fine, as does the plugin itself. I had thought that perhaps the plugin wasn't finding the main header files, so as a test, I tried removing the 2 includes in ilbc.c. Doing that causes it to not compile at all, as would be expected.

  Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

  Steve

-----

 ortp-message-oRTP-0.14.2 initialized.
 ortp-message-Registering all filters...
 ortp-message-Registering all soundcard handlers
 ortp-message-Card ALSA: default device added
 ortp-message-Card ALSA: Intel 82801BA-ICH2 added
 ortp-message-Card OSS: /dev/dsp added
 ortp-message-Card OSS: /dev/dsp added
 ortp-message-Card OSS: /dev/dsp0 added
 ortp-message-Card OSS: /dev/dsp1 added
 ortp-message-Card OSS: /dev/dsp2 added
 ortp-message-Card OSS: /dev/dsp3 added
 ortp-message-Loading plugins
 ortp-message-Loading plugin
 /usr/local/lib/mediastreamer/plugins/libmsilbc.so...
 ortp-warning-Fail to load plugin
 /usr/local/lib/mediastreamer/plugins/libmsilbc.so :
 /usr/local/lib/mediastreamer/plugins/libmsilbc.so: undefined symbol:
 iLBC_encode
 ortp-message-ms_init() done

-----