Re: [Linphone-users] [Fwd: linphone-2.1.1 build completely broken on fre

From: Mark A. Flacy
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] [Fwd: linphone-2.1.1 build completely broken on freebsd 7]
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 03:37:36 -0500

On 04/10/2008 12:18:19 AM, alex wrote:
Can I suggest the author remove the "Reported to work on FreeBSD and
OpenBSD" from their website, this is clearly false. It works ONLY after
a lot of patching and hackery from what I hear. As far as I am
concerned, as long as the program dependencies are met, the program
should compile cleanly, this is simply not the case, and this is due to
lack of testing. Clearly there is a also lack of interest from the
author in supporting systems other than linux and windows.

If it bothers you sooooo much that the author doesn't have the time or resources to support your favorite system, maybe you could step up and lend a hand. Or make a fork of the project; it is open source.

--
Mark A. Flacy