Re: [Linphone-users] Difficulty building linphone for FreeBSD 7

From: alex
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Difficulty building linphone for FreeBSD 7
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 22:53:15 +1000

Check my posts in the mailing lists (browse the archive), I had some issues too which required a bit of mucking around to overcome. I ran into this problem too. And eventually I got it to build. I have stopped using the program because of an issue with CPU usage, I am waiting for some
feedback from him on this from the author.

In regards to the issues you had (which I had)

remove the alloca.h, I added #include <stdlib.h> to overcome this.

these functions are prototyped in stdlib.h on freebsd and not alloca.h, I made simon aware of this and the next build should see the end of this and the
config.h problem.

libavcodec... pkg_add -r ffmpeg (i think)

in regards to disabling video, I built with this:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local --disable-video --disable-nls

disable nls, I got errors because libraries that linphone was trying to link against, were built without nls support, and causing linker errors during the build.

Hope this helps. Theres no SET of build instructions for BSD in general.

Paul Brian wrote:

I am hitting  difficulties in building linphone-2.1.1 on FreeBSD 7.0
The port depends on an out of date version on libosip2, so building from source is the next obvious step.
however,

1. there is no alloca.h despite being in oss.c

   mediastreamer2/src/oss.c: #include <alloca.h>

not too sure about this - I cannot see what provides alloca.h - can anyone help?

2. if i comment this out (!) things progress for a while, but then die
(                 from linphonecore.c:20:
../config.h:155:1: error: "__FreeBSD__" redefined
). It seems foolish to progress further

SO my questions are

1. is there a simple set of instructions for FreeBSD?
2. should I have alloca.h from somewhere else
3. where does one get libavcodec?
4. how do I turn off video support (all I want is a SIP phone). The Makefile is rather dense

cheers

dangerous content by *MailScanner* <http://www.mailscanner.info/>, and is
believed to be clean.