Re: [Linphone-users] No video on call

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] No video on call
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 15:12:53 +0200

Hi Christian,

Which version of linphone do you have ?
I recommend first to upgrade to lastest (3.2.1), at least on windows, it's easy
since there is setup.exe provided on the website.
On debian, (and as well on other distros), video encoders have been disabled
in libavcodec (ffmpeg), because of patents reasons. The consequence is that
linphone cannot send any mpeg4 or h263* stream. Only theora codec can work
full duplex. If you fear you are in this case, disable all codecs except
theora and retry.
An alternative solution is to compile the msx264 plugin that brings a H264
codec.
In 3.2.x versions of linphone, h263 and mpeg4 are automatically hidden if
ffmpeg has no encoders for them. So by default you should be using theora codec
(it is in first position in the codec list).
If all that doesn't solve your problem, please send a log (linphone-3 --
verbose).

Simon