Re: [Linphone-users] not listening on port 5060 on Android

From: Guillaume BERAUDO
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] not listening on port 5060 on Android
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 14:28:12 +0200

Hi Brian,

> > In latest Android version from the git master branch, you can
> > configure Linphone to use sip standard port 5060.
> Is this then a confirmation that the behavior that I am seeing is
> expected and that the currently released (1.1.1) linphone for Android
> doesn't listen on port 5060 and thus is not able to be an endpoint to
> which calls can be placed/routed?  i.e. linphone on Android currently
> only supports making calls, not receiving them?

No, it is possible to receive calls.

As stated by Simon, the choosing of a random port is to allow the use
of several SIP clients.

You can still reach the Android client directly with the (ip address,
port) pair. Of course, it also works through a registrar, like
"address@hidden".

You can register an address on linphone's public registrar here:
https://www.linphone.org/eng/linphone/register-linphone-account.html

Regards,

Guillaume Beraudo

nb: please, keep the list on copy as the information can be valuable
for others.