[Linphone-users] Nikolai: Hi I read blog on linphone over 3g and had a q

From: Nikolai Cassanova
Subject: [Linphone-users] Nikolai: Hi I read blog on linphone over 3g and had a question
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 10:46:26 -0400

I wanted to know as I run linphone over 3.5g (labelled 4g by my mobile carrier) on my android device off tmobile-usa network, how I can improve call quality?  Right now I have the audio codecs: gsm, ilbc, speex 8 and 16 enabled and have disabled pcmu and pcma.  I get decent to great call quality when I call a person's cell phone using linphone (my sip provider is pbxes.org and they use google voice to make pstn calls) using those codecs but sometimes when I call a house phone or a business phone, the person who I talk to sometimes claims that the call quality of my voice is broken or they can only here 1 to 2 words when i talk.  I wanted to know how can I improve this, as on my end when using linphone, everyone I talk to voice is clear on my end and i can hear all there words.  I wanted to know if I was able to get the g729 audio codec would that solve my problem?  Thank you in advance and have a nice day.

--
Nikolai