[Linphone-users] No video on Android with Samsung Galaxy S2 phone

From: susedroid
Subject: [Linphone-users] No video on Android with Samsung Galaxy S2 phone
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 15:47:28 +0100

Hi

I've just installed Linphone for Android on my Samsung Galaxy S2 phone. I have configured Linphone to enable video, use front camera, share my video for both incoming and out going calls and all video codecs ticked. The problem is when I make a test call to Linphone on my desktop I just see a black video box on the desktop. Audio works perfectly. I can't tell if video is being sent from my phone or not but I assume it is not. I can't even see where you can toggle video on or off in a call. I just have the dialpad visible.

For information, I have Linphone installed on my openSUSE 11.4 desktop and video works fine so it seems like it's a problem with Linphone on the Android device.

I've tried turning off the front camera in settings but that didn't help.
I tried enabling / disabling various video codes but that didn't help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.