Re: [Linphone-users] New Linphone Android version

From: Mikael Magnusson
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] New Linphone Android version
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 20:28:31 +0100

On 12/14/2012 10:04 AM, Sylvain Berfini wrote:
Hi Oleg,

When we publish an application on the Market, we are forced to respect the US software legislation. We are not allowed to publish application which proposes to use encryption method(s) without an authorization (we don't have it yet).
So in the meantime we choose to publish without this features.

Really? I have an application (VPN) on Google Play myself which makes use of encryption algorithms. I don't know if I have authorization to publish it. Should I be worried that Google may block my application and close my Google Account? What are the procedures to get authorization?

Regards,
Mikael

But you can always compile the application yourself from the sources and enable these features.

Regards.

Sylvain Berfini
Software Engineer at Belledonne Communications