Re: [Linphone-users] ZRTP status

From: Guillaume Beraudo
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] ZRTP status
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 09:37:43 +0200

Hi,

ZRTP support has been implemented on all platforms for quite a long time now.
However it is not in broad use at the moment, for several reasons:
- until recently we had no US/FR crypto export aggreement;
- the ZRTPCPP version in Debian was too old.

As a consequence, I encourage everyone interrested in ZRTP to get the source,
compile it and report any issue.

Another point is that there exists buggy sip proxys that have difficulties
relyaying
RTP streams when doing ZRTP. Have a look at the list for details and an (early)
patch.
This problem is not present on our server, but unfortunately it is still not
released.

Cheers,

Guillaume Beraudo