[Linphone-users] Linphone-users] Provisioning xml file

From: Tahar Boussaha
Subject: [Linphone-users] Linphone-users] Provisioning xml file
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 17:38:30 +0100

Hi,

I am currently using Linphone as Softphone together with a provisoning xml file for a project. I find Linphone great with lot of features and very good Videocall quality and capabilities.

Using provisioning xml file works fine with http, but I would like to use it through a local file. I have seen on Linphone source file that "file://" could be used for that purpose. But using file path either with "/" or "\" does not take the file and exits with error - It is unstable afterwards and even Windows computers have crashed. What would be the string to give in order to be taken into account (file://c:/linfile/jon_doe_config.xml or c:/linfile/john_doe_config.xml or ... - I have tested some of them without success).
Is this feature still available?

Additonally, I am also putting contacts in the provisioning config file but only new one are taken into account. If I erase some of them, the contact list is not properly refreshed.
Is there a reason for that?

I am currently using Linphone 3.9.1 on Windows 8.1.

Thanks for your support.

Best Regards,

Tahar Boussaha