Re: [Linphone-users] User is temporary unavailable

From: Roland Häder
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] User is temporary unavailable
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2020 21:01:21 +0100

On 11/04/2020 08:53 PM, Faiz Ali wrote:
> This clearly shows ALSA is not installed.
> Can you make sure ALSA is installed?
> Present in the right directory?
> Have execute permissions?
Should be installed on many Linux distros by default? Also a local
~/.asoundrc or ~/.alsoftrc could stop this from working.

> On Wednesday, November 4, 2020, Filippo Lombardo
> <filippolombardo@email.it <mailto:filippolombardo@email.it>> wrote:
>
>     Hello everybody on the list
>
>     I write because whenever I execute the command to launch linphone
>     and I try to call a test number ( my mobile phone ) I get an error
>     message.
>
>     Below it's what I see:
>
>     filippo@ThinkPad-R61:~$ sudo /usr/bin/linphone
>     [sudo] password for filippo:

Er, for Linhpone, no sudo is required, that's not an administrative
tool! Try it without sudo and get to the bottom of the problem, maybe a
"sudo adduser filippo sound" does it? Check what group /usr/bin/linphone
has.