Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone 4.2.3 cannot make calls

From: Peio Rigaux
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone 4.2.3 cannot make calls
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 18:05:15 +0100

Hello.

Sorry for the belated reply. I have been very busy in the last months.

I suggest you to look at our Good practices wiki page. Using UDP is very discouraged, because of fragmentation issues and SIP-aware router behaving weirdly.

Please try to connect with SIP/TLS if you can. If you can't, please provide me again client logs, server logs, and new pcap.

Note that SIP over UDP isn't our common use case of Linphone, and as such, this potential issue will not be prioritized.

Regards.

Peio Rigaux
Junior Software Engineer
Linphone.org