[Linphone-users] LDAP attributes and Contact fields linking

From: Dennis Filder
Subject: [Linphone-users] LDAP attributes and Contact fields linking
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 18:45:48 +0200

On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 01:09:47PM +0000, Paul Littlefield via Linphone-users
wrote:
> What I want to know is... which OpenLDAP attribute can be used to
> correctly parse the data to fill the 'Companies' field in the
> Linphone Contact?

>From looking at the linphone code I think this is currently impossible
because the LDAP contact internally is just modelled as a pair of a
name and a SIP phone number.  That would first have to be extended to
loop through the information into Linphone's internal contact data
structures.

Until that gets added a work-around could be to use a Rewrite/Remap
overlay[0] and append the value of 'o' to 'cn' on-the-fly.  This way
the 'o' value would at least show up somewhere.

Regards,
Dennis.

--
0: https://www.openldap.org/doc/admin26/overlays.html#Rewrite/Remap