[Linphone-users] Newbie issues

From: Trevor Manson
Subject: [Linphone-users] Newbie issues
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 15:32:39 +0100

Hi!

I have just started to use Linphone, and seem to be having issues.

I have set up a
Linphone sip account, and another sip account with another provider.

I have installed Linphone on two Apple devices, and a Linux device, and experienced the following on my home network:-

Source Device
Destination Device
Audio/ Video
Notes
Apple "1"
Apple "2"
Audio
Call ended after maybe 1-2 minutes
Apple "2"
Apple "1"
Audio Call ended after maybe 1-2 minutes
Apple "1" Linux
Audio
Call ended after maybe 1-2 minutes
Apple "1" Linux Audio, then added video
Call ended after maybe 1-2 minutes.
The video was visible on the source device, but once the video was started there was no sound or video on the destination device
Apple "1"
Neighbour's android phone running a Linphone sip account on the Linphone app
Audio, then added video Audio was fine for a couple of minutes, then added in video, and the source device could see no video and no audio, so terminated the call

I cannot believe that either the video or audio issues experienced are app related, not sip account related, but suspect they are the human that is being a muppet, so any clue as to what I am doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.

There only seem two common denominators in this, one is the Linphone software (on Android, Linux or iOS) or me! I am voting for me being the cause, but any guidance to eliminate the problem (but not me!) would be appreciated!

Many thanks,