[Linphone-users] Linphone version higher 5.0.14 - problems related to VP

From: André Burkhardt
Subject: [Linphone-users] Linphone version higher 5.0.14 - problems related to VPN
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 14:38:12 +0200

Hello all,

I have been using Linphone as a SIP client in conjunction with my Fritz!Box for a few years now. Linphone runs as an AppImage on Ubuntu. My working scenario is that my Ubuntu installation is connected to the corporate network via VPN. Up to version 5.0.14, Linphone worked like this without any problems.
As of version 5.0.15, I can receive calls in the constellation described above, but no sound is transmitted in either direction. If I initiate the call via Linphone, the sound transmission works without any problems. As soon as I terminate the VPN tunnel on operating system level (Ubuntu), Linphone works again without any problems, no matter if I call or am called.
Is there an explanation and solution for this?

Thank you and best regards