[Linphone-users] Linphone Android redial timeout

From: funni . clonk
Subject: [Linphone-users] Linphone Android redial timeout
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 19:43:27 +0200

Hello,
i have the following issue with the linphone app on Android:
Sometimes (means multiple times a week) when redialing from the call list I hear no dial tone. After a while I get a "408 Request Timeout". Re-registering via tapping on the green "connected"-led does not solve the problem. I need to restart the app completely. Sometimes i am too lazy and enter the number manually instead of restarting the app. After a while (f.x. the next day, i didn't measure it) it works again redealing from the call list. Entering the number manually or calling from the phone book works fine if the issue with the call list occurs. Therefore I don't see a problem in direction the SIP provider but in the linphone code itself. The dialing process from the call list seems to be different as from the phone book or the direct dial menu.

So how can we find the cause and solve this problem?

PS: As I have a managed phone I have limited access to it. For example I cannot install apps from 3rd party locations. Also ADB logcat should not work.

Best Regards
Chris