[Linphone-users] linphone 3.6.1 on arm 64 ubuntu 18.0.4 LTS have a probl

From: happy
Subject: [Linphone-users] linphone 3.6.1 on arm 64 ubuntu 18.0.4 LTS have a problem
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2023 17:09:47 +0800 (CST)

Hello, I encountered issues while using Linphone with x86 and ARM64 processors. Here are the details:

1、For my x86 processor, running Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, I installed Linphone. The highest version available for this OS is linphone_3.6.1. My SIP server is on the public network, while the client is on the local network. The problem I'm facing is that outgoing calls work fine, but incoming calls get disconnected after around 37 seconds. After analyzing packet captures, I found that the "contract" parameter is not sending the public IP; instead, it sends the client's local IP. However, this version of Linphone does not have a setting to configure the "contract" parameter.

2、I tested with Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, and the available Linphone version is 3.12. This version allows setting the "contract" parameter, and after configuring it, the parameter in the configuration file is set as "contract_parameters=1007@114.114.114.114". I manually added this parameter to the configuration file of Linphone 3.6.1, but it didn't take effect. Due to some reasons, I cannot upgrade my Ubuntu 18.04 to a newer version. I downloaded the latest version of Linphone, 5.0.18, from the official website. After upgrading GCC and glibc_xx to the latest versions, I was able to run it successfully.

3、However, I have another machine with a Phytium FT-2000/4 processor based on the ARMv8 architecture. It runs the kylin.destop v10 operating system, which is derived from Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. The ARM version of Linphone can only be installed as version 3.6.1, and it also has the same issue with the "contract" parameter. The official website only provides .appimages software for x86 architecture, without support for ARM64 architecture. In this case, what should I do to run Linphone on an ARM processor? Will the official website release an ARM64 version of Linphone as .appimages software? Or is it possible for them to fix the bug in linphone_3.6.1?
Hope your reply!thinks