linterna-magica-users

Re: [linterna-magica-users] [Fwd: Re: Linterna-magica not inserting itse

From: Ivaylo Valkov
Subject: Re: [linterna-magica-users] [Fwd: Re: Linterna-magica not inserting itself in Vimeo pages, when new layout used]
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 21:52:21 +0300

В 13:18 -0400 на 25.03.2012 (нд), Dave Hunt написа:
> Hi,
>
> The only browser extension I have is greasemonkey 0.9.18.  I'm blind, and
> use the orca screen reader for access; Maybe orca alters web pages?

No it should not. AFAIK it should only read text on pages. So the image
I've attached is useless to you then. My image has the full interface
rendered exactly where the flash object should be, while your attachment
from one of the previous e-mails had only the title bar of Linterna
Mágica visible. I don't know how Orca behaves with parts of Linterna
Mágica that are not visible. Since I am not able to reproduce the
behaviour, the next best thing would be to have the HTML of the page as
it is rendered on your side or at least 3 parent HTML elements above
Linterna Mágica. I'm not sure if "Save Page As" in Abrowser will save
the page with the HTML code of Linterna Mágica. The Inspect tool form
the Web Developers tools seems not able to mark and save/copy parts of
the web page. I guess the only option will be the FireBug extension, but
it slows down loading and usage a lot in some pages.

One other thing. Do you have Gnash (or Lightspark or Swfdec) browser
plugin installed? I do not have a flash plugin at all and that might be
the cause of the different behaviour and rendering. Most websites behave
in a different way when there is a flash plugin installed.

I'm on Trisquel 5.0, so might be a bug/feature in the newer version.

Could you give some feedback on the user experience you have with
Linterna Mágica? The interface (button names and tooltips especially)
was designed in mind with accessibility - useful names and meaningful
text. Is there something missing? I'll be glad to fix whatever needs
fixing. I'm happy that Linterna Mágica is useful to blind people. This
means that the text interface styled with CSS meets its purpose.