liquidwar-user

[liquidwar-user] 5.5.9

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: [liquidwar-user] 5.5.9
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 16:03:40 +0100

Hello,

Liquid War 5.5.9 has finally been released!

Here's a quick summary of the ChangeLog:
- s/sprintf/snprintf/ -> sprintf functions have been replaced by their
  equivalent "snprintf", which are much more secure.
- the servers now play a little system "beep" when someone connects. Can
  be disactivated with "-nobeep"
- the servers can now launch the program of your choice (to warn you
  with a mail, a popup window...) when someone connects on an empty
  idle server.
- in the "Internet" in-game menu, which lists the available servers,
  there's now a new "Ping" field which says approximatively how far the
  server is.
- HTTP 1.1 support (by Roderick Schertler)
- finally changed the default behavior which was that all CPUs would
  attack human players exclusively, as suggested by Jan and a bunch of
  other players.
- 3 new maps (by Rene Stach)
- Mac OS X support! There's no binary available for download yet, but
  with Ryan D. Brow (Rib Rdb) we're working on providing such a binary.
  Any help is welcomed though.

That's it for now.

I probably won't be able to touch a computer for a couple of weeks, so
don't worry if I stay mute on the mailing list for a while. Hope the
5.5.9 packages are not broken 8-)

Have a nice day,

Christian.

--